10 Things I can't get enough of...

1. I can't stop reading this.  Junot Diaz is a Pulitzer Prize Winner and he just won a MacArthur genius grant.  Can I tell you how many times I have tried and failed to win Pulitzer Prize winning books? I won't, but this guy's genius for me is that I can read him without wondering what I am supposed to be getting out of it. He's got guts and grit and soul and he is probably more brilliant than I will ever understand and I do not care. His writing is a gift to us. 

2.  Sweet potatoes  and kale in curry sauce. I made up my own recipe, but it is similar to this. 3 out 4 gave it a thumbs up.  If you read this blog at all, you know who doused their brown rice with butter instead.

3.  The moment right after your kid has jumped into a pile of leaves. They are smiling and scratching at  what went down their pants at the same time.

4.  Sadly, I admit to liking this video because the band members dress up in silly animal costumes. It gets me giggling every time.

5.  Thing 2 with his head stuck in a book never fails to surprise me.  I wasn't sure it would happen, and today finds him oblivious to our crazy barking dog because he can't turn the pages fast enough.

6.  For the past 3 weeks, I have lived in a post card.


7.  Sunday mornings at the farm.

8.  The first sip of morning coffee in a quiet room.

9.  Signs of the times in Minnesota.






10.  Not a day goes by that I don't hear "Thanks!" or "I love you mom!" I. AM. LUCKY.

Comments

  1. Great list. A few of these might actually be on my list too. The postcard for sure. And Junot Diaz. Sounds like you're loving it as much as I am. Isn't he amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to comment to you about an article you wrote for the Minnesota Women's Press called "Say What" about a shirt with "cool story babe... " written on it. But I can't find the correct place to do that. So, I am doing it here. I very much appreciate the sentiment of the article, and how frustrating it is that as much as women fought to be treated as equal to men it seems like we sometimes have moved backwards. BUT... When I saw the shirt I did not assume it was meant to be worn only by a man. I could see a woman wearing it and the person being asked to make the sandwich could be male or female. While the sentiment of the shirt is not complementary to either the wearer or the sandwich maker, it doesn't necessarily have to be sexist...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn...what do YOU think? Leave a comment to join the discussion!