What is Beauty?



There is beauty in knowing when not to compete. There is beauty in knowing when to dig deeper and there is beauty in knowing when to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. There is beauty in observing and there is beauty in diving right into the mess. There is beauty in not knowing anything but the deepest knowing which is all will be well. There is beauty is being able to see that the disease has you locked down or fired up and there is beauty in just watching it all unfold. There is beauty in feeling it loosen its grip on you and there is such profound beauty in the rest granted as it leaves. There is beauty in stillness and there is beauty in movement. There is beauty in acceptance and there is beauty in saying I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS. Had I never watched a commercial, read a magazine, or scrolled through the internet, I think I might have come to all this a tad bit sooner for all the messed up messages given about what beauty is and yet? There is beauty in understanding things take the time they take.


***

Below is a photo I stopped to take when I had no business taking it. I was running late for work, my tires were screaming for air, and the gas tank was on empty. It was -10, but I could not stop looking at the sky, watching it unfurl before me. There is beauty in doing the wrong thing anyway and feeling grateful even later when you know how it ended. I had to borrow money for gas because I left my purse at home, I had to stop to get my tires filled, and all of this made me one hour late for work. I was the only adult in the writing center that day and when someone pointed that out, I laughed because I knew better.


Comments