1. I can't stop reading this. Junot Diaz is a Pulitzer Prize Winner and he just won a MacArthur genius grant. Can I tell you how many times I have tried and failed to win Pulitzer Prize winning books? I won't, but this guy's genius for me is that I can read him without wondering what I am supposed to be getting out of it. He's got guts and grit and soul and he is probably more brilliant than I will ever understand and I do not care. His writing is a gift to us.
3. The moment right after your kid has jumped into a pile of leaves. They are smiling and scratching at what went down their pants at the same time.
4. Sadly, I admit to liking this video because the band members dress up in silly animal costumes. It gets me giggling every time.
5. Thing 2 with his head stuck in a book never fails to surprise me. I wasn't sure it would happen, and today finds him oblivious to our crazy barking dog because he can't turn the pages fast enough.
6. For the past 3 weeks, I have lived in a post card.
7. Sunday mornings at the farm.
8. The first sip of morning coffee in a quiet room.
9. Signs of the times in Minnesota.