I am restless, too.

People keep asking me, "Where is it?"

All I can say is, "I don't know."

After the frenetic business of last Wednesday, Irene started slamming her way up the Eastern seaboard. The news people had other things on their mind besides one girl's hope for national publication. I have been counselled to not give up on CNN yet.

So I will keep all of those people whose lives have been up-ended once again by mother nature in my thoughts. I will pretend my own little brush with success doesn't niggle at me and go about counting the hours down until school starts. The popsicles are gone and will not be replaced. The kids are now reduced to Greek yogurt with honey if they need a sweet fix and therefore, I am no longer the mom who is cool. I will live with that.

Meanwhile, there is this tiny group of people in Minnesota who are about to make some waves of their own. Waves that we hope rattle enough people toward some common sense in the fall of 2012. I will keep you posted on this as I know more.

So be gone, restlessness. While these last few days before school starts seem long, I know the year will fly by and I need to make the most of every minute.

Comments