I have been up to something.....

Ever since I heard a radio interview with the owner of a restaurant who won a prestigious James Beard Award for being the best place to eat in the United States, I have been pondering the owner's comments. Some of them may surprise you. They did me and I have been stewing over them, bad pun intended, ever since.

One of my favorite parts about writing is that it takes you to places you never intended to go...and then often right back to where you began.

Another thing I like about writing is finding ways to link things that may seem incongruous on the surface. Often, I will read something, tuck it away for later, drive the kids somewhere, hear someone on the radio discuss something else and then think, "Well, isn't that kind of the same point so-and-so was trying to make? " So I have to scavenge for a scrap of paper and a dull pencil because I forgot my journal again. I come back to it in an hour, a day, or even a few weeks, and suddenly it seems to work. I really don't think I am comparing apples to oranges when bringing together David Brooks and Danny Meyer, but I guess you can let me know what you think.

Thanks, Winona360 and Kate Carlson, for giving me time and space for my voice.

And here is what I came up with:

http://www.winona360.org/winona360/article/op-ed-going-gold

Comments