Yippeee!

Talking about books in front of 30 captive people may not seem like a good time for everyone, but it is for me. We had our fall Book Lover's Night at the store and I made my pitch for a few favorite titles (Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace, The Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore, and Lit by Mary Karr). I also quoted my husband who says this of my favorite genre, memoir, "Most of it is self-indulgent crap". This got big chuckles and a few nods of agreement, but I pressed on with my pitch for Mary Karr who is anything but self-indulgent. In the end there were whoops and claps and I can compare it to a runner's high without the sweat. Why it's so much fun, I can't tell you, but I like it!

1 comment:

  1. So wish I could have been there! I'm sure it was a hoot and that you were fabulous. Is the Restless Gray Girl recommending The Lacuna? It's on my table waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn...what do YOU think? Leave a comment to join the discussion!